Noor is a feature-length drama from Turkish director Çagla Zencirci and French director Guillaume Giovanetti. Our festival committee was interested in this story for many reasons, but what caught their eye is the story and the cinematic excellence that beautifully captures the calm and majestic landscapes of Northern Pakistan.
Noor is a feel-good drama which, more than anything, is about a true romantic. Here are some other interesting facts about this film.
- The story is based on the true-life events of the lead actor, Noor, whom the film is of course named after.
- This film represents Noor’s acting debut on the silver screen.
- Directors Zencirci and Giovanetti did not do a casting call for this film really–many of the characters play themselves, and they happened to meet Noor by chance when on a street in Lahore, Punjab. They talked with him for just five hours and new they had their new star.
- Amongst many challenges, the film cast and crew dealt with floods, altitude sickness in the Himalayas, and microphones breaking down everyday because of extreme heat to get this film finished!
- The Festival Committee decided to show Noor with 88 Miles to Moscow as they’re both road trip movies. The connection between Noor and Pink or Blue? might seem more obscure–the key is in the last scene of both movies.
Don’t miss out on Noor, showing Friday, March 7th @ 6:30
Watch the trailer: